2009-01-13 - Posted by Miklos Vajna
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.0pre2, the second technical preview of the upcoming 1.0 stable release.
A short and incomplete list of changes since 1.0pre1:
- Setup: support for having /boot on a RAID1 device, improved support for detecting network card names.
- Serial ports are now owned by the 'dialout' (instead of 'uucp') group, as a consensus with other distributions.
- For virtualbox users who had to download the whole (~10MB) package again and again after each kernel update - it's a good news that now the kernel module is a separate package to stop wasting bandwidth and time.
- Package updates:
- Mono 2.0.1
- Python 2.6.1
- GNOME 2.24.2
- More than 800 other package updates
- More than 100 new packages
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
IMPORTANT: After publishing the installer images, it was noticed that the 'syslog' service fails to start. The next 'pacman-g2 -Syu' update will fix this, or you can manually execute the ,,sed -i 's/"]/" ]/g' rc.syslog'' command to fix the problem.