2009-03-22 - Beküldte Miklos Vajna
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.0, our tenth stable release. The version number 1.0 does not indicate anything really special, the new release will bring you as many new features and bugfixes as usual, but it's still a milestone in the development of the last five years.
No new features have been added since 1.0rc2, but 81 changes have been made to fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes since 0.9 in no particular order:
- Support for ASUS Eee PC models.
- New 'ppc' port (though security support will not be available for this architecture in this release cycle due to lack of resources).
- Support for having a 32-bit chroot on x86_64.
- Having '/boot' on a RAID1 device is now supported (we only supported having '/' on RAID1 previously).
- gService, a new graphical tool for enabling/disabling services.
- Java plugin on x86_64.
- Support for the ext4 filesystem.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Anacreon from our previous stable release (Solaria), please read the upgrade part of our documentation.
A nice cd cover is available here.