2011-12-19 - Posted by Devil505
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.6pre2, the second technical preview of the upcoming 1.6 stable release.
Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.6pre1:
- Package updates:
- Linux kernel 3.1
- XOrg server 1.11.2
- KDE SC 4.7.4
- Firefox 8.0.1
- Chromium 16.0.912.63
- Blender 2.60
- 1.1.0 release of the core EFL component
- New features:
- All services used by the default installation now have native systemd units
- Installer images now use isohybrid on x86, separate USB images no longer provided.
- Chrony is now the default NTP client.
- /boot/grub/menu.lst and /etc/fstab now contains UUID's on new installs
Download for i686: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
Oh, and by the way, we wish you a Merry Christmas !