2013-11-05 - Posted by ryuo
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.9, our nineteenth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.9rc2. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes since 1.8 in no particular order:
- Updated packages: Linux kernel 3.10.17, XOrg server 1.14.2, GNOME 3.8, KDE 4.11, LibreOffice 184.108.40.206, Mozilla Firefox 22.0 to name a few major components.
- netconfig has been replaced by NetworkManager
- frugalwareutils has been replaced by the new fvbeutils
- vi binary symlinks are now configurable, used to be hardcoded to their packages
- old display-manager-legacy.service has been dropped for the new systemd method of individual service files
- console keymaps and x11 keymaps are now managed by the systemd method
Please refer to the Frugalware Arcturus ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64, and arm: See our mirror list. Don't forget to check the integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Arcturus from our previous stable release (Cinna), please read the upgrade part of our documentation.