[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.0 (Anacreon) released
noreply at frugalware.org
Sun Mar 22 11:11:18 CET 2009
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to  announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.0, our tenth stable release. The
version number 1.0 does not indicate anything really special, the new release
will bring you as many new features and bugfixes as usual, but it's still a
milestone in the development of the last five years.
No new features have been added since 1.0rc2, but 81 changes have been made to
fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases,
here are the most important changes since 0.9 in no particular order:
* Support for ASUS Eee PC models.
* New 'ppc' port (though security support will not be available for this
architecture in this release cycle due to lack of resources).
* Support for having a 32-bit chroot on x86_64.
* Having '/boot' on a RAID1 device is now supported (we only supported having '/'
on RAID1 previously).
* gService, a new graphical tool for enabling/disabling services.
* Java plugin on x86_64.
* Support for the ext4 filesystem.
Please refer to the Frugalware  Anacreon ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our  mirror list . Don't forget to check the  integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click  here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Anacreon from our previous stable release (Solaria),
please read the  upgrade part of our documentation.
A nice cd cover is available  here .
More information about the Frugalware-announce