[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.1 (Getorin) released

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Sep 7 08:38:35 CEST 2009

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.1, our eleventh stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.1rc2, but 177 changes have been made to
fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases,
here are the most important changes since 1.0 in no particular order:

  * Up to date packages: Linux kernel 2.6.30.5, GNU C library 2.10.1, Xorg 7.4 with
    xorg-server 1.6, GNOME 2.26.3, XFCE 4.6.1, GCC 4.4.0 to name a few major
    components.
  * Major review in the documentation: numerous grammatical fixes and various
    extensions.
  * An x86_64 flash plugin is now part of the default installation.
  * Etoile is now part of the repository, see [2] this post for more details.
  * Major update on the graphical installer (fwife), see the changelog [3] here and [4] there .
  * Packaged android-sdk, for those who want network access from Frugalware through
    their Android phones.
  * Just a FYI in case you are using the ext3 filesystem, which is our current
    default: though we ship the latest stable kernel, we did not switch the default
    value of the 'data' option to 'writeback', the feature which still makes ext3
    seem more robust than ext4 at the time of writing. See [5] here for more information.
  * New artwork included a new wallpaper and a new Gnome theme.
Please refer to the Frugalware [6] Getorin ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our [7] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [8] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [9] here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Anacreon from our previous stable release (Anacreon),
please read the [10] upgrade part of our documentation.