[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.1 (Getorin) released
noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Sep 7 08:38:35 CEST 2009
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to  announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.1, our eleventh stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.1rc2, but 177 changes have been made to
fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases,
here are the most important changes since 1.0 in no particular order:
* Up to date packages: Linux kernel 184.108.40.206, GNU C library 2.10.1, Xorg 7.4 with
xorg-server 1.6, GNOME 2.26.3, XFCE 4.6.1, GCC 4.4.0 to name a few major
* Major review in the documentation: numerous grammatical fixes and various
* An x86_64 flash plugin is now part of the default installation.
* Etoile is now part of the repository, see  this post for more details.
* Major update on the graphical installer (fwife), see the changelog  here and  there .
* Packaged android-sdk, for those who want network access from Frugalware through
their Android phones.
* Just a FYI in case you are using the ext3 filesystem, which is our current
default: though we ship the latest stable kernel, we did not switch the default
value of the 'data' option to 'writeback', the feature which still makes ext3
seem more robust than ext4 at the time of writing. See  here for more information.
* New artwork included a new wallpaper and a new Gnome theme.
Please refer to the Frugalware  Getorin ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our  mirror list . Don't forget to check the  integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click  here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Anacreon from our previous stable release (Anacreon),
please read the  upgrade part of our documentation.
More information about the Frugalware-announce