[Frugalware-darcs] frugalware-current: docs/makepkg.txt: a note about the 100k limit

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sun Jun 3 22:34:21 CEST 2007

Darcsweb-Url: http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=frugalware-current;a=darcs_commitdiff;h=20070603203011-e2957-e6234882a16765091a928a90d31cfd7c5436f4b9.gz;

[docs/makepkg.txt: a note about the 100k limit
VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org>**20070603203011] {
hunk ./docs/makepkg.txt 293
+
+A few words about the size of the sources. If you use an URL then the size is
+almost unlimited, but if the source is not an url then the source will be added
+to the FST when the package will be accepted. We don't allow files bigger than
+100KB in FST. To solve this problem, the sources for a given package are placed
+in the /pub/other/sources/pkgname dir for each package. If the source is not
+compressed, we use gzip or bzip2 to compess it first. After this one can use a
+`http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/sources/pkgname/foo`-styled URL for those
+big sources.
}