[Frugalware-devel] Optimized FrugalBuilds/new packages/optimized packages]

Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980) bmh1980de at yahoo.de
Tue May 31 19:13:17 CEST 2005

voroskoi at gmail.com schrieb:

>On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:58:47 +0200
>"Marcus Habermehl (BMH1980)" <bmh1980de at yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>> Normaly i create a package in this way.
>> Download the source -> create the FrugalBuild -> date > zeit.txt &&
>> makepkg && date > zeit.txt && chkdep -p $(ls *.fpm) && cat zeit.txt
>It's a little bit complicated. Use time makepkg -c instead! It'll show the time exactly and you don't have to sit next to your computer while that is building something. Anyway use SBU. Build binutils and measue how much time it is. (220 seconds for me) When you build a new package the building time in SBU is package_building_time/binutils_building_time. When you change the building conditions (switching from GNOME to Xfce for example) you have to remeasure binutils otherwise the SBU will not be correct.

Yes, you're right! With time it's very easier. :)

Can I use SUB at now? I have read in the docu that it is panned to use.

>> I haven't seen 1.2.3. The anjuta package have I created some weeks ago.
>It has been released on 15th of May. ;-)

$ grep anjuta pacman.log
[04/24/05 17:03] installed anjuta (1.2.2-0)

The anjuta package is older. But I must admit that I doesn't have seen
the release 1.2.3.

>> Then checkworld give me as new version 2.0.0 that need an application
>> from the Gnome CVS tree.  I was thinking that 1.2.2 is the last without
>> this CVS application.
>And 2.x is in experimental state, so we shouldn't use that yet.

Yes. Therefor I have used 1.2.2. And because I haven't seen 1.2.3.

regards
BMH1980