[Frugalware-devel] package versioning and maintaining

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Nov 21 19:47:11 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:27:03PM +0100, Krisztian VASAS <iron at ironiq.hu> wrote:
> VMiklos írta 2005-11-21 17:20 -n:
> >On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:19:34PM +0100, Krisztian VASAS <iron at ironiq.hu> wrote:
> >sudo pacman -Scc?
> This removes the whole cache, which isn't good idea, i think...

yes, but better than nothing :)

btw yes, you're right, there are cases when we don't increment pkgrel
and we should. but on the other side we only increment pkgrel if we want
the users to upgrade. a sollution could that:
1) if the modification is not so impartant (a typo in OOo's desktop
file, etc) then just push the fix, next time it will be automatically
included in the binary pkg
2) if it is more important (so that one upload a new fpm, too) then _do_
increment the pkgrel

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--