[Frugalware-devel] Frugalware PPC port

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Oct 5 21:45:13 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 08:53:24PM +0200, David Kimpe <david.kimpe at distrotalk.net> wrote:
> Like I've already told on irc, I now have an external drive for my iBook.
> Which means I finally have space to port frugalware to the PowerPC architecture.
> It will probably take some time, but you can expect something by the end of october.
> I'll keep you up to date.
>
> By the way, I'll also need a -ppc repo.

please read man repoman, and (the relevant part of) the darcs manual. if
you need help, feel free to ask here, or on irc. if you think you
understand darcs/repoman, then you can get darcs write access, and you
can get a personal repo under /pub/other/people. after you succeeded
creating all the base packages (i mean the base category - that is a
bootable system) then we can create a frugalware-ppc package repo in
-current

don't forget, there is no stupid question here :)

udv / greetings,
VMiklos

--
Developer of Frugalware Linux, to make things frugal - http://frugalware.org