[Frugalware-devel] Gnome bugs

Csaba Henk csaba-ml at creo.hu
Fri Oct 7 20:15:48 CEST 2005

Hi!

I see the following errors when I try to use Gnome:

- On my 1024x768 display the panel is placed at the 600th pixel row (ie.
  it seems to think the display size is 800x600).

- Evince doesn't work. It starts up with the following message:

------------
** (evince:5301): WARNING **: Service registration failed.

** (evince:5301): WARNING **: Unable to determine the address of the message bus
------------

Then it seems to open the chosen document, but all pages are clear
white. Then, finally, when I try to do something (go to next page, etc.)
it just dies with

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x16fd)!

  Note that dbus seems to run fine. I tried to use evince both with and
  without a running gnome session, but this made no difference.

- I can't find evince in the gnome menu.

Note that all of my related packages are up to date as of writing this.

Csaba