[Frugalware-devel] plan to change package maintainership

Krisztian VASAS iron at ironiq.hu
Sat Jan 14 23:08:30 CET 2006

This one time, at band camp, VMiklos wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 04:49:13PM +0100, Krisztian VASAS <iron at ironiq.hu> wrote:
>> First of all, we should create the groups and only after that think about this problem.
>
>you planned to create a proposal about this. any news?

I think i created the base groups...

But I write it again:

- base
- network
- x11
- gtk
- qt
- other

But the groups could be also based on the current system:

- the gnome and xfce pkgs could be one m8r group, including gtk-related apps
  from xapps, its locales and some apps from xapps-extra
- the qt m8r group could be based on kde pkgs, some qt-related apps from
  xapps, its locales, and some apps from xapps-extra
- x11 m8r group could work with the xorg and the drivers (ati, nvidia)
- base: the base system (not exactly the same as the base pkg group)
- and so on...

This is my opinion. Let's discuss about this, if everyone accept the main
conception...

IroNiQ
--
Member of Frugalware Developer Team