[Frugalware-devel] Gettys

Alex Smith alex at alex-smith.me.uk
Sat Feb 10 16:50:42 CET 2007

VOROSKOI Andras wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:58:15PM +0100, Alex Smith wrote:
>> VOROSKOI Andras wrote:
>>> Well, i use 8 getty. Why? Because F? keys are in 3 group
>>> (F1-F4,F5-F8,F9-F12) so gettys got the first two group and X the other
>>> four. And that should be enough for everybody.
>> Seems logical. Ok, that can be changed in the Runit stuff.
> Well, we've discussed it a long time ago. Since upstart won't hit 0.6 we
> should change it current system too as 11 getty is bad.
> It can be simply done after rc1 as it's not a big deal. We just have to
> change inittab and the login managers' configs, right?

Yes. Although it will be hard for inittab because it's in backup=(),
right? So the change won't be applied for an existing install. But it
won't matter because the login managers will use the first available tty
after the one specified in the config.

Alex Smith
Frugalware Linux developer - http://www.frugalware.org