[Frugalware-devel] Gettys

Alex Smith alex at alex-smith.me.uk
Sat Feb 10 16:50:42 CET 2007

VOROSKOI Andras wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:58:15PM +0100, Alex Smith wrote:
>> VOROSKOI Andras wrote:
>>> Well, i use 8 getty. Why? Because F? keys are in 3 group
>>> (F1-F4,F5-F8,F9-F12) so gettys got the first two group and X the other
>>> four. And that should be enough for everybody.
>
>> Seems logical. Ok, that can be changed in the Runit stuff.
>
> Well, we've discussed it a long time ago. Since upstart won't hit 0.6 we
> should change it current system too as 11 getty is bad.
> It can be simply done after rc1 as it's not a big deal. We just have to
> change inittab and the login managers' configs, right?

Yes. Although it will be hard for inittab because it's in backup=(),
right? So the change won't be applied for an existing install. But it
won't matter because the login managers will use the first available tty
after the one specified in the config.

--
Alex Smith
Frugalware Linux developer - http://www.frugalware.org