[Frugalware-devel] docs updates

VOROSKOI Andras voroskoi at frugalware.org
Tue Feb 13 11:40:10 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 08:26:06PM +1000, Russell Dickenson wrote:
> I'm a little confused about the 'source' for the official Frugalware
> documentation.  Most of the current documentation is maintained separately
> from the wiki.  However the latest addition - the IRC rules - is maintained
> in the wiki.  Why are the IRC rules maintained in a format different the
> rest of the Frugalware documentation?

Actually we crate the wiki page first, so everybody (not just the devels) can
simply edit it. It will be merged into the docs later. (Why? - see below)

> Aside from this I like the proposal to use asciidoc, providing this is used
> for all official FW documentation.  I wonder though if the/a wiki might in
> fact be better, with in-built versioning control and other useful features.

I have no idea why we hold the IRC rules both in wiki and in the
documentation too. Anyone?

> I don't know nearly enough about Frugalware's maintenance to know which
> method is better.  As I'm not a Frugalware maintainer I'll leave it up to
> you to decide.

Well, the official doc will be in asciidoc for sure. IMO we should hold
these side-infos or whatever (like the IRC rules) in wiki and we should
just link them from docs or something similar.
Well, there is a lot of work left with the official doc, so i don't know
what should we do with those parts. We'll see when the main doc is done.

--
voroskoi