0.7rc2 schedule (WAS: Re: [Frugalware-devel] NOTICE: Gnome 2.20 bump will start today)

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Fri Sep 28 22:06:10 CEST 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 09:38:07PM +0200, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> thanks to the hard work (this means mainly Crazy :) ), we can go to
> freeze. please do not push changes to -current till rc2 is out

hmm i forgot to list the usual dates, so:

- sept 28 evening: latest release bumps
- sept 29 evening: upload of candidate install cds/dvds/etc. if there is
  any problem with them, it can be fixes the next day
- sept 30 evening: upload of the final isos, waiting for the mirrors to
  be in sync
- oct 2 morning: 0.7rc2 release

i hope this is okay for everyone :)

note: as IroNiQ already suggested, please do not do version bumps after
rc2. we have enough minor bugs to fix till the final release. be busy
with those bugs rather than pushing new features. we already have enough
of them since 0.6 :)

thanks,
- VMiklos