[Frugalware-devel] Frugalware newsletter issue 13

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:09:42 CET 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 11:24 PM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 09:59:55PM +1000, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Attached is FW newsletter issue 13.  I struggled to think of what to
> > put in the 'Events' section but please be kind and say "It's
> > fantastic!"  :)
>
> yes, it is - but this time i made some corrections :)
>
> thanks for the rest, i've pushed out a draft:
>
> http://frugalware.org/newsletter/13
>
> please let me know if it's ok to announce this version.
>
> - VMiklos

Thanks for your corrections.  I'm really embarrassed about my work on
issue 13 because I could and should have done *much* better.

Regarding the security announcements I drafted issue 13 before they
were released and didn't go back and check before pushing the patch.
Sorry :(

Overall I need to make at least two improvements -
(1)  Focus more on the newletter to avoid putting out a piece of sh*t;
(2)  Find a new name for "Events" because I'd like to also include
news about new or updated packages and the various changes that go on
in Frugalware land.  I just can't think of a good name for this
section.  Maybe it needs to be broken down into several sections?

With your corrections I think you can announce issue 13.

May you always be Frugal,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)