[Frugalware-devel] away from Feb 1st-6th

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Jan 31 20:25:06 CET 2008

hi,

i'll be offline during $subject :)

as a side note, i'm not sure what should we do with #2726. here is the
problem:

the user has multipe optical drives, the second contains the
Frugalware install cd, but the first contains some cd/dvd as well.
currently we handle two cases:

-> if there is a frugalware-$arch dir on the cd, then it's a cd/dvd
install

-> else we say it's a network install.

the problem is that in this case a cd/dvd install can be turned to a
netinstall. i never hit this problem by accident, but i see that you can
hit this bug.

here is what we can do:

1) call the user stupid if he/she does so - don't change anything

2) put an extra identifier file to all net/cd/dvd image, so that we can
ignore disks which are not frugalware install medias.

in fact i don't like 2). say we decide to create an empty
"frugalware.install" file in the root directory. then a user can still
create a custom image that is not a frugalware install disc but contains
such a file then we are where we started. i hate such magic files.

OTOH, i can imagine that others hit this bug by accident, while in case
we introduce a magic file, they'll probably never hit this bug by
accident.

opinions?

have a nice week,

- VMiklos