[Frugalware-devel] ryuo to become a dev?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sun Jun 1 14:35:43 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 09:56:25PM +1000, Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll think about this and see if I can come up with a different
> question.  Maybe something as simple as "What do you plan to do for
> the Frugalware project"?

or just skip this question.

> With many interviews already completed, I now realise that the
> questions "Where do you live?" and "Where were you born?" generally
> have the same answer.  I know of only one Frugalware developer who was
> born in a different country to the one in which they now live.  In
> Australia - where I live - about 50% of people were born in another
> country, or their parents were born in another country.  It seemed
> like a good question at the time.  :)

sightly off-topic, but a lot of people does something like this in
Hungary as well: they come to the capital for learning then they stuck
here. afaik IroNiQ is in such a situation, for example :)

> "at the begining everybody does the same: contributes random new
> packages".  I'd like to encourage involvement in many areas of
> Frugalware support, not just package maintenance.  Areas such as
> artwork, translation and documentation could all do with more
> contributors.  I'm planning to ask the readers of the newsletter to
> help the project.  Frugalware has great respect amongst its users for
> the quality of its packages, amongst other reasons.  I think it could
> become an even better distribution if we had more people working on
> these other areas.

that's right: i think if a good translator can contribute to us
something, that's just as great as having a new package maintainer, we
all know that translating isn't an easy task; and programmers are
usually not too good translators.