[Frugalware-devel] backporting mostly-bugfix version bumps

Gabriel C nix.or.die at googlemail.com
Tue May 13 05:08:59 CEST 2008

Miklos Vajna wrote:
> hey,

Hey

> http://bugs.frugalware.org/task/3068
> http://bugs.frugalware.org/task/3071
> http://bugs.frugalware.org/task/3072
>
> what do you think about tasks like these?

Well I know already closed but I would close these as well.

http://bugs.frugalware.org/task/3069 is also not an valid 'push for stable too' request

> given that the user talks in general (so there is no given bug that is
> annoying for him, he just wants to have fresh software in -stable) i
> would just close them as invalid.. unless others have strongly different
> opinion.

Nope , I'm fine with closing these as invalid.

> in fact i would say "okay, let this user happy" if there is something
> concrete, but all i see is that he does not even care to pick up a
> random bugfix from the upstream changelog :P

That would be an mistake , if you break the rules to make one user happy ,
you have to break the rules again and again to make more happy.

( kind same story like with the custom kernels :P )

crazy