[Frugalware-devel] Todo list for Getorin

Devil505 devil505linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:10:21 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are few ideas I thought about, there are partly remaining tasks
> from 0.9 and 1.0.
>

> 2) Graphical installer
>
> http://bugs.frugalware.org/task/2348
>
> Should we close this? I think at least we need to wait till fwlive works
> again and fwife works within fwlive. AFAIK noone from the dev team is
> interested in a redhat-like graphical installer - but in case someone
> really wants to do it, I don't mind.

Maybe a challenge for Elentir ? :)

> Feel free to reply to this mail and add your own ones. :)

-Xorg "mega bump" with crazy's plan (cloning current...etc)

I see there are two things that new users want in FW

-Something like wicd to detect wifi networks around, I know there is the
"iwlist scan" command, but users prefer a graphical way, I think Priyank
will put this feature on Gnetconfig

-KDE4, crazy don't shoot please :) a wip repo with kde4.2.2 would be nice
and make FW more "attractive"

Daniel