[Frugalware-devel] 1.1pre1 schedule

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Apr 30 17:01:16 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 03:21:51PM +0200, Devil505 <devil505linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothing special, I just want to know if gcc4 & xorg mega bump will be done
> before or after the freeze for pre1 release.
> :)

The later. Regarding the GCC bump, I'm not 100% sure, we delay it
because of the following sentence in the release notes:

,,Packed bit-fields of type char were not properly bit-packed on many
targets prior to GCC 4.4. On these targets, the fix in GCC 4.4 causes an
ABI change.''

Now the question is what exactly "many" means here. Is x86 / ppc
affected, or just the other 999 targets GCC support?