[Frugalware-devel] Are there bugs which would delay 1.0's release?

Krisztian VASAS iron at ironiq.hu
Thu Feb 19 13:15:09 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 12:35 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> OTOH, if two weeks is not enough, then I'm happy to hear from someone
> who volunteers to continously fix bugs for more than tweeks - I don't
> think there is anybody, so no need to deny new feature between rc1 and
> rc2.

Not only bumping something. If you fix a bug with bumping something or
adding a patch, you have to be sure as much as possible you did not
brake something other. That's why we'll need a longer test period
without big changes, to be sure no big bugs with mostly used softwares.

> (Just think about KDE for example, 3.5.9 is totally outdated and crazy
> promised to bump ot to latest 3.5.x before rc2.)

Maybe outdated, but i can't hear/see big problems with it. Maybe we
should wait 1.0 with bumping. And maybe you can remember that we'll have
to do something with xorg, so we should mix these 2 things.

IroNiQ
--
Member of Frugalware Developer Team
Web: http://ironiq.hu/