[Frugalware-devel] Are there bugs which would delay 1.0's release?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:01:08 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 01:15:09PM +0100, Krisztian VASAS <iron at ironiq.hu> wrote:
>> brake something other. That's why we'll need a longer test period
>> without big changes, to be sure no big bugs with mostly used softwares.
>
> Sure. The question is who will fix bugs for more than two weeks. We can
> have a longer freeze period but then I'll go to the beach and return for
> the last two weeks of the freeze. :)

What BEACH!!!  Hungary doesn't have any beaches...ummm...does it?  OK
- I agree that "fatal" bugs should delay the release and I believe
that's always been the Frugalware policy.

I'm still a little unsure of why changes that are not bug fixes should
go into the repo within the last few weeks before a release is due.
Unless I become a developer, though, I can't speak with any authority
since I don't know what it's like maintaining packages, doing the
release etc.

May you always be Frugal,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)