[Frugalware-devel] Vala bindings for libpacman

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Thu Jul 2 00:00:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 12:49:43AM +0530, Priyank Gosalia <priyankmg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have not included the second patch (installation of pacman.pc) as
>
> 1) i am unsure if a check needs to be made for pkg-config

You do not really have to check for pkg-config, as it's part of
devel-core, so it's always available. If you really want to check, you
could add something like:

AC_PATH_PROG(PKG_CONFIG, pkg-config)
if test ! -x "$PKG_CONFIG" ; then
   AC_MSG_ERROR([
*** You need pkg-config. Get it from
*** <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.])
fi
AC_SUBST(PKG_CONFIG)

> 2) should it be installed _only_ if vala is enabled or otherwise

No, feel free to install it anyway, that can be useful in other cases as
well.

Any probably it could be a .pc.in file, so that the version and the
prefix is auto-generated. :)

Thanks.

(I want to apply the pkg-config patch first, then I can apply the vala
one, given that the later depends on the previous one.)