[Frugalware-devel] Could I get a current USB installer for 'current'?

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:16:15 CEST 2011

On 12 April 2011 14:19, Devil505 <devil505linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/4/12 Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz) <phayz at frugalware.org>:
>> I want to do an installation of 'current' on my MSI Wind U200 laptop
>> but since it doesn't have an optical drive, I need to use the USB
>> installer. I visited my local mirror but in the current folder were
>> only 2 versions of the CD1 ISO. I wonder if I could get an image of
>> the USB installer for 'current'?
>>

> http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/frugalware/frugalware-testing-iso/frugalware-1.4rc2-i686-usb.img
>
> But you should take the stable version because it is more up to date
> than 1.4rc2 untill 1.5pre1 will be out.
>

> --
> Devil505

Devil505,

Thanks. I'll follow your advice. I have also downloaded and installed
1.4, then did a "pacman -Syu" using 'current' and following the
upgrade instructions. I was trying GNOME 3 and I have to say, it's
going to take me some time to get used to it, if I continue using it.
I have tried using it for only about 10 - 15 minutes and I already
found that everything seems to be much slower than GNOME 2 on the same
hardware, also I started GNOME Terminal to be able to run a pacman-g2
command and the entire GNOME desktop appeared to have hung. Only a
hard reset had me up and running again.

--
May you always be Frugal,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)