[Frugalware-devel] TODO 1.5 review

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sun Apr 17 14:30:23 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 01:50:58PM +0200, Devil505 <devil505linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first pre-release will be out in few hours, let's review our goals
> and achievements:

Thanks for the heads up.

> * Grub2 - Kooda has some troubles with his PC, Any volunteer ?

I think this would be nice, though I'm a bit unsure if we should do it
now, or after 1.5. The grub2 development is not so fast, so we should
not worry too much, OTOH we already replaced the init system, which is a
potential bootup breaker, maybe it's better to replace the bootloader in
the next release only.

> * Use the UUID instead /dev/XXXX into /etc/fstab. Installer and plugin
> grub should use UUID - Any volunteer ?

There are multiple methods here, one way I can think of is (example):

- replace /dev/hda1 with
  UUID=92aaeb82-e07b-4b70-84fe-1f04ebb3250b in fstab
- same in /boot/grub/menu.lst

And of course this would affect new installations only, I don't really
think we need to touch existing installations.

Does this sound sane? If this is all, I think I can take care of that.

> * No more full cd images -  AFAIK It's done by vmiklos with 1.5pre1

Yep, see the 1.5pre1 announce draft.

Once 1.5pre1 is out, I'm currently involved with finishing the boost14
WIP repo, which is a requirement to begin packaging libreoffice 3.4
beta.