[Frugalware-devel] systemd as default init

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sat Feb 19 12:50:14 CET 2011

Hi,

As it was mentioned earlier, we plan to make systemd the default init
system in -current. Obviously it was too late to do this for 1.4, but
now that we're done with that, it's the right time to do so.

Don't expect any huge change, I just will do the modifications described
here:

http://wiki.frugalware.org/index.php/Systemd#Changes_to_make_systemd_the_default

Unless someone claims, I plan to do this next week.

(I'm aware that Jercel reported a systemd-specific error on IRC, we'll
try to sort it out.)

Also, this does not mean the removal of sysvinit scripts for now, so
that 1.4->1.5 upgraders will be able to cleanly reboot their systems.
Removal of rc.foo scripts can begin only after 1.5 is out.

Any questions? Raise your hands now! :)

Thanks.