[Frugalware-devel] Problem doing version bump of Textadept

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Jan 5 02:30:37 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 07:50:55AM +1000, "Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)" <phayz at frugalware.org> wrote:
> I had an existing clone of the frugalware-current repo so I brought
> this up to date with a "git pull". I then edited the FrugalBuild file,
> incrementing the version number and decrementing the release number.
> At the command prompt I then ran "makepkg -G" and this corrected the
> SHA1SUM entries. With that done I initiated a manual build of the
> package, to be sure I hadn't broken something. The build was
> successful so I then ran "repoman push".

That's the first problem. Please first follow man repoman's 'MAINTAINING
PACKAGES' section and do each step manually. Then you can run repoman
push, but that's a complex beast, so in case something fails and you
don't have practice, it's harder to figure out what went wrong. (Anyway
this time I have an idea, see below.)

> Everything started OK but
> after answering "Y" to the first few questions I was asked if I was OK
> with the deletion of a file named "Could". There's no such file in the
> directory and if I answer "Y", I am then prompted for my password on
> genesis and I then get a further message, asking if I am OK with the
> file named "not" being deleted. Again, there's no such file in this
> directory. This is confirmed when the 'rm' command fails to delete the
> files which I have approved for deletion, but which don't exist.
>
> I'm guessing that there's a message starting "Could not" being
> generated somewhere and that this is being caught up in my commit. I
> can't understand how or why.

That's indeed a bug, it would be interesting to know what exact step of
the 'repoman push' operation failed.

> Of course I have abandoned the version bump because something's
> obviously going wrong. I honestly believe I had a clean clone of
> frugalware-current as I had entered the command "git reset --hard
> origin/master" before starting my changes. Perhaps I ought to have
> started with a new clone?

No, that's fine.

> Shall I record this change? (2/2)  [ynqad], or ? for help: y
> [master dfd81cc] textadept-3.6-1-i686
> phayz at git.frugalware.org's password:
> repoman del /source/xapps-extra/textadept/Could
> Is this ok? [Y/n]

Can you try what is the output of the following:

repoman -t current ls frugalware-i686|grep textadept

I _guess_ that command fails for you. If that's the case, error handling
for that (it's the fpmdel() function in repoman) is indeed missing, we
should fix that.