[Frugalware-devel] RFI (Request for ideas): A new newsletter format?

Devil505 devil505linux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:46:37 CET 2011

2011/1/25 Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com>:
> On 25 January 2011 22:44, Devil505 <devil505linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/1/24 Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz) <phayz at frugalware.org>:
>>>
>>> Constructive feedback is welcome. :)
>>>

>> They used a sort of blog engine for rollingrelease.
>>
>> But keep in mind one thing, if you decide to move the newsletter to a
>> blog, the newsletter will
>> no more published on frugalware.org main page.
>
> That's a good point and one that VMiklos has already raised. I
> certainly don't want to see the frugalware.org News page suffer from
> this change so I'd do something to keep it current.
>
>> To be honest rollingrelase looks like a planet and we already have a planet.
>
> Yes, I guessed it was something like a planet. As you say, we already
> have a planet so there's no need for another one. The very slight
> difference I can see is that the blog entries which appear on the
> Frugalware planet are not "official" but personal opinions on various
> topics. The newsletter's content is considered "official". This is how
> I see it, but I'm not sure if everyone will agree.

A solution could be to implement a blog engine (wodpress, pluxml,
dotclear or whatever) into homepage-ng.
It would easier to you, vmiklos or others to post news and announcement.
The entries rss feed will be added to the planet.

Actually, we go back to our great discussion "how to improve homepage-ng ?" :D
What blog/cms engine to use ?
Who will maintain it ?
Who will improve the design and CSS stuff ?
...etc

--
Devil505
http://frugalware.org/~devil505/blog