[Frugalware-devel] RFI (Request for ideas): A new newsletter format?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Tue Jan 25 16:24:50 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 03:46:37PM +0100, Devil505 <devil505linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I guessed it was something like a planet. As you say, we already
> > have a planet so there's no need for another one. The very slight
> > difference I can see is that the blog entries which appear on the
> > Frugalware planet are not "official" but personal opinions on various
> > topics. The newsletter's content is considered "official". This is how
> > I see it, but I'm not sure if everyone will agree.

I do.

> A solution could be to implement a blog engine (wodpress, pluxml,
> dotclear or whatever) into homepage-ng.
> It would easier to you, vmiklos or others to post news and announcement.
> The entries rss feed will be added to the planet.
>
> Actually, we go back to our great discussion "how to improve homepage-ng ?" :D
> What blog/cms engine to use ?
> Who will maintain it ?
> Who will improve the design and CSS stuff ?
> ...etc

Doing that will be still a lot of entries. If Russel can write up a
short news entry every 2 or 3 weeks, linking his recent blog posts, that
would be great, and I hope that won't be too much work.

The current accounce list has a single mail in every few weeks and I'm
happy about it. I mean no silense for two months between a final release
and pre2; OTOH there are no mails there every day. It would be nice to
keep that traffic.