[Frugalware-devel] Problem building Smuxi version 0.8

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:08:18 CEST 2011

On 7 June 2011 01:47, bouleetbil <bouleetbil at frogdev.info> wrote:
> Le Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:02:37 +0200,
> bouleetbil (gaetan) <bouleetbil at frogdev.info> a écrit :
>
>> Le Mon, 6 Jun 2011 21:36:33 +1000,
>> Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> > I have requested a version bump of Smuxi (IRC and Twitter client
>> > written in C#) to version 0.8. I thought I would try doing the version
>> > bump myself and submit an updated Frugalbuild for review. I can't get
>> > Smuxi to build and I don't quite understand the error message
>> > mentioned in the build log. A lot of Google searching hasn't given me
>> > any ideas. :(  I hope someone can tell me what might be wrong.
>> >
>> > Anyone who tells me that what I'm doing wrong is trying to do
>> > packaging will be banned from *ALL* future newsletter issues! :P
>> >

>> Hi,
>> this commit http://git.qnetp.net/?p=smuxi.git;a=commit;h=31212f8aecaa49813c4e99c7f32ff55966e24770 have break the build. I will see for fix it.
>> bye
>
> Fixed and request closed
> bye

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on Smuxi's progress because I would like
Ayatana support. I am trying Smuxi under GNOME 3 and Xfce because I
would like to use an IRC client which is actively being maintained. It
seems that XChat has ceased development or at least slowed down a lot.
I would prefer a GUI IRC client (although I don't have any good reason
:P) and so am searching.

--
May you always be Frugal,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)