[Frugalware-devel] PAM file problems

bouleetbil (gaetan) bouleetbil at frogdev.info
Tue May 31 20:46:11 CEST 2011

Le Tue, 31 May 2011 00:08:22 +0300,
Marius Cirsta <mforce2 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I've managed to find the problem , it's this line in login-manager
>
> auth        required    pam_unix.so
>
> Autologin from KDM just won't work with this set. I've also checked
> other distros to see and pam_unix.so is not present for kde-np.
>
> I've also attached my proposal for the kde-np file which I've tested
> and works perfectly for me. It removes the auth include of
> login-manager and just specifies the old kde-np auth files.
>
> If you want I can open a bug. Also if you have a different suggestion
> to fix the problem that would work that would be fine too. This is the
> best I could come up with and it seems to do the trick.
>
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM, bouleetbil <bouleetbil at frogdev.info> wrote:
> > Le Sun, 29 May 2011 22:11:14 +0300,
> > Marius Cirsta <mforce2 at gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> >> Thanks, I've tried what you suggested but unfortunately it didn't work
> >> for me. I've attached the relevant config files ( if you want to check
> >> those are OK ) and the log file.
> >>
> >> Other than those 2 attached config files I haven't touched any other
> >> config file and kde-np should be back to the one present in current.

> > Hi
> > I will check I've only add the missing rule from old kdm pam rules (btw already broken it use some old deprecated pam module as pam console..)
> > and please open a bug

Hi
Seems good for me, we have already added some rules for gdm autologin.
If that work, for me you can push it.
(I will see for automatize that later)
That will touch only kde-np not kde right ?

An other thing I've install kdm and pam rules permissions are bad
-r-xr--r--  1 root root  129 May 15 12:55 kde*
-r-xr--r--  1 root root  129 May 15 12:55 kde-np*

Why this rules are executable ?

bye