[Frugalware-devel] Proposal: Make DuckDuckGo the default search engine for browsers

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:02:20 CET 2012

I propose that DuckDuckGo be made the default engine in the browsers
packaged by Frugalware. The company is OS-friendly and offers a 50-50
revenue sharing option for Linux distributions such as Frugalware.
Linux Mint, for example, has signed a revenure sharing contract with
DDG and SalixOS are thinking of doing the same.

I see this only being a positive move for Frugalware but I'd be
interested to know what others think. I know this goes against the
general policy of not applying patches to upstream source and with
Mozilla supported by Google in part, it may harm that relationship.

May you always be Frugal,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)