[Frugalware-devel] Proposal: Make DuckDuckGo the default search engine for browsers

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:02:20 CET 2012

I propose that DuckDuckGo be made the default engine in the browsers
packaged by Frugalware. The company is OS-friendly and offers a 50-50
revenue sharing option for Linux distributions such as Frugalware.
Linux Mint, for example, has signed a revenure sharing contract with
DDG and SalixOS are thinking of doing the same.

I see this only being a positive move for Frugalware but I'd be
interested to know what others think. I know this goes against the
general policy of not applying patches to upstream source and with
Mozilla supported by Google in part, it may harm that relationship.

--
May you always be Frugal,

Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)