[Frugalware-devel] kmod 5, udev 181, systemd 43, dracut 015 testing

James Buren ryu0 at ymail.com
Fri Feb 17 23:57:24 CET 2012

> I did get a hang on reboot after installing the Vbox guest additions

> and I've noticed I sometimes get hangs on reboot after changes to the
> kernel ( even modules as was the case here ).

I mentioned earlier about a delay when shutting down display-manager.service, and how
it had to timeout for the shutdown to proceed. To debug this, try booting without 'quiet' and
'splash' parameters so you can see the text outputted by the shutdown process. This may
simply be a stalled shutdown due to a non-responsive systemd service. If so, it's not a true
hang.

> One even stranges thing is that a restart from KDE now just drops
> back to KDM and KDE as not updated recently. This used to work, maybe
> the script KDE calls is doing something wrong ?

systemd made more changes to its logind feature, perhaps even breaking the old methods
of requesting a reboot. I don't know right now about this particular 'issue'. If it's just a
breakage due to method changes, then I wouldn't think it critical enough to block the upgrade,
because it may be resolved later on in this release cycle.