[Frugalware-i18n] Dutch translations

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon May 16 15:51:09 CEST 2011

Hi Maurice,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 03:36:55PM +0200, Maurice Koerts <frugalnl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xarkam added my name to contributors so i could finish and commit
> the translation in pootle.

Great. :)

> I ve translated and commited the installer, it was the only available
> project in pootle

Neat, Dutch was already on the language list, so it should be pretty
complete now. Did you commit the translation as well? I don't see it in
the git repo.

See doc here: http://frugalware.org/docs/translations#_introduction

> I m interested in translating well anything u want me to really :D

The http://pootle.frugalware.org/ lists projects, what are you
interested in? What about homepage, for example?

> Currently seeking contact with phayz for translating the newsletter and
> allready did
> some translating on the wiki. The translating of wiki is on hold for now on
> request of
> Xarkam who is currently changing the way translations are beeing done.
>
> If you could add projects to pootle for translating in Dutch would be great
> my fingers
> ich to contribute but helas nothing to do but spam the forum haha

:) OK, just name what do you want to translate and I'll add it.

> If there s anything I can do to help ill be glad to, I know my way around my
> system a bit
> but I m in no way an expert or coder. Anything else i ll be glad to help.

Don't worry, translations are appreciated as well. :)

> Excellent job ! In years ( well 6 :P ) of using Linux ive never been so
> impressed by a distro !
> It has everything I want and maybe more important nothing I don t want :D

Glad to hear!

> Maybe out of line here, then forgot i asked but is it possible for me to
> get
> @frugalware email adres ? FrugalNL at frugalware.org 0.o

So far we did not give such an address to translators, but that can
change. First it would be nice if we could see some commits from you,
with time we'll offer you an account, containing an email address.

Also, I'm CC'ing the i18n mailing list, the best is to discuss stuff
like this there, so others can help you, even when I'm not available.

Thanks.