[Frugalware-announce] X.Org 7.3 testers wanted!

VMiklos noreply at frugalware.org
Fri Jan 18 02:18:35 CET 2008

Dear Frugalware-current users out there,
You probably noticed that we did not update X.Org for a while. This happened as
in our opinion the version we already have packaged was still more stable then
any of the newer versions, so we sticked to X.Org 7.2 and decided to maintain
it, instead of upgrading to a newer version for some time. Now it's time to
upgrade!
Finally upstream released an updated X server which seem to be: 1) as stable as
the good old one we currently have, 2) featuring no more blocker problems like
the ones in X.Org 7.3 did. So in short: time for testing!
We prepared a separate testing repo for this purpose as this update currently
features more than 350 little changes. If you want to help, please:
1) Add
Include = /etc/pacman-g2/repos/xorg73
to/etc/pacman-g2.conf, before thefrugalware-currentline.
2) Create a file named/etc/pacman-g2/repos/xorg73with the following contents:
[xorg73]
Server = http://ftp.frugalware.org/pub/other/people/krix/xorg73/frugalware-i686
3) Issue the usual
# pacman-g2 -Syu
to update your system.
4) You can restart X by rebooting, or running
# init 3&&init 4
If no major problem occurs, we plan to merge thexorg73branch at the end of the weekend.
Thanks for your help!