[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.1pre2 (Getorin) released

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Tue Jul 7 11:14:15 CEST 2009

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.1pre2, the second technical preview
of the upcoming 1.1 stable release.
A short and incomplete list of changes since 1.1pre1:

  * Improvements:
	   + An x86_64 flash plugin is now part of the default installation.
	   + Just a FYI in case you are using the ext3 filesystem, which is our current
	     default: though we ship the latest stable kernel, we did not switch the default
	     value of the 'data' option to 'writeback', the feature which still makes ext3
	     seem more robust than ext4 at the time of writing. See [2] here for more information.

  * Package updates:
	   + GNU C library 2.10.1
	   + Linux kernel 2.6.30
	   + Xorg 7.4 with xorg-server 1.6
	   + GNOME 2.26.3
	   + Xfce 4.6.1
	   + GCC 4.4.0
	   + More than 980 package updates
	   + More than 100 new packages

Please refer to the Frugalware [3] Getorin ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686: See our [4] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [5] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [6] here to read more about what media you need for the installation.