[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.3rc2 (Haven) released

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Aug 9 03:22:36 CEST 2010

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.3rc2, the second candidate of the
upcoming 1.3 stable release.Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.3rc1:

  * Improvements and fixes:
	   + The included new Linux 2.6.35 kernel comes with various new drivers and features
	     ( [2] summary ).
	   + Fixed the USB installer, the image we shipped in 1.3rc1 was missing a working
	     bootloader on it.
	   + Fixed the KDE artwork.
	   + A candidate of the 1.2 to 1.3 upgrade guide is now [3] available .

  * Package updates:
	   + Linux 2.6.35
	   + Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8, Chromium 6.0.472.14 with vp8 support
	   + Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.1
	   + 429 package updates
	   + 46 new packages

Please refer to the Frugalware [4] Haven ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686: See our [5] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [6] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [7] here to read more about what media you need for the installation.