[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.3 (Haven) released
noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Aug 23 02:00:56 CEST 2010
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to  announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.3, our thirteenth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.3rc2, but 94 changes have been made to
fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases,
here are the most important changes since 1.1 in no particular order:
* Updated packages: Linux kernel 2.6.35, Xorg server 1.8, GNOME 2.30, KDE 4.4.5 to
name a few major components.
* For the first time in the history of Frugalware Linux, we're offering an
official graphical netinstall image, search for the "-gui" suffix on the ftp
* This time we've verified that no workaround is needed to install this release in
VMware and because of this, the relevant note is removed from the documentation.
* The monolithic configuration of XOrg is now split to the  xorg.conf.d directory . You can still use the monolithic config, but the config files in the new
directory have priority. XOrg now also uses udev to detect your hardware
automatically, /etc/X11/xorg.conf is no longer generated by default.
* Updated image libraries:  libjpeg 8 and  libpng 1.4 . While adding support for these new libraries, we touched 1500+ packages, doing
various minor fixes and improvements  here and there .
Please refer to the Frugalware  Haven ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our  mirror list . Don't forget to check the  integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click  here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Haven from our previous stable release (Locris), please
read the  upgrade part of our documentation.
More information about the Frugalware-announce