[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.3pre2 (Haven) released

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Jun 28 09:59:31 CEST 2010

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.3pre2, the second technical preview
of the upcoming 1.3 stable release.Here are some of the major improvements and changes since 1.3pre1:

  * Improvements:
	   + The monolithic configuration of XOrg is now split to the [2] xorg.conf.d directory . You can still use the monolithic config, but the config files in the new
	     directory have priority.
	   + Updated image libraries: [3] libjpeg 8 and [4] libpng 1.4 . While adding support for these new libraries, we touched 1500+ packages, doing
	     various minor fixes and improvements [5] here and there .

  * Package updates:
	   + Linux 2.6.34
	   + KDE SC 4.4.4
	   + Mozilla Firefox 3.6.4
	   + OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
	   + Updated libraries: jack, libpng, libjpeg.

Please refer to the Frugalware [6] Haven ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686: See our [7] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [8] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [9] here to read more about what media you need for the installation. Please also note
that we've found a major [10] issue after uploading the installer images. In case you get "Cannot find new threads:
generic error" when the installer starts up, the workaround is to press Alt-F2,
ENTER, the type "setup" to start the installer.