[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.2 (Locris) released
noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Mar 8 10:06:54 CET 2010
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to  announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.2, our twelfth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.2rc2, but 62 changes have been made to
fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases,
here are the most important changes since 1.1 in no particular order:
* Up to date packages: Linux kernel 126.96.36.199, GNU C library 2.11.1, Xorg 7.5,
GNOME 2.28, KDE 4.3.5 to name a few major components.
* KMS (Kernel Mode-Setting) is now enabled by default for Intel and Radeon cards.
* PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) is now part of the base system.
* Introduced devtmpfs: you can now exclude /dev from backups, along with /proc and
* Removed several large games from the install images (CD/DVD) which means one
less DVD or 4 less CDs.
* We finally upgraded our KDE (and related) packages to the 4.x branch. The work
started back in April 2009 and now we thought it's a good move to merge that
* This release comes with Xorg 7.5, see the  upstream list of new features .
* We've updated our bluez userspace stack to the 4.x branch, which allowed us to
improve both GNOME and KDE bluetooth support.
Please refer to the Frugalware  Locris ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our  mirror list . Don't forget to check the  integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click  here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Locris from our previous stable release (Getorin),
please read the  upgrade part of our documentation.
More information about the Frugalware-announce