[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.3pre1 (Haven) released

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Mon May 3 03:01:49 CEST 2010

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.3pre1, the first technical preview of
the upcoming 1.3 stable release.Here are some of the major improvements and changes since 1.2:

  * Improvements:
	   + For the first time in the history of Frugalware Linux, we're offering an
	     official graphical netinstall image, search for the "-gui" suffix on the ftp
	     mirrors.
	   + This time we've verified that no workaround is needed to install this release in
	     VMware and because of this, the relevant note is removed from the documentation.

  * Package updates:
	   + Linux kernel 2.6.33
	   + GNOME 2.30
	   + KDE 4.4.2
	   + Updated all the E17 packages (version 0.9.9.063)
	   + More than 1000 package updates
	   + Exactly 100 new packages

Please refer to the Frugalware [2] Haven ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686: See our [3] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [4] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [5] here to read more about what media you need for the installation.