[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.5pre1 (Mores) released

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Apr 18 09:47:17 CEST 2011

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.5pre1, the first technical preview of
the upcoming 1.5 stable release.Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.4:

  * Package updates:
	   + Linux kernel 2.6.38
	   + Gnome 3.0
	   + KDE 4.6
	   + Firefox 4.0
	   + XFCE 4.8 with some bug fix releases (4.8.1), see [2] here the details brought by this version.
	   + 1.0 release of the core EFL libraries ( [3] details )

  * New features:
	   +  [4] systemd is now the default init system
	   +  [5] Initial ARM port
	   + XFCE now has lcdfilter for fonts like GNOME
	   + Full package archive is now available on DVD only, instead we offer a smaller
	     (~200MB-sized) CD for installing a base-only system.

Please refer to the Frugalware [6] Testing ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686: See our [7] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [8] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [9] here to read more about what media you need for the installation.