[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.5 (Mores) released
noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Aug 15 00:40:50 CEST 2011
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to  announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.5, our fifteenth stable release.
No new features have been added since 1.5rc2, but 86 changes have been made to
fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow the changes during the pre/rc releases,
here are the most important changes since 1.4 in no particular order:
* Updated packages: Linux kernel 220.127.116.11, XOrg server 1.10.3, GNOME 3, KDE SC
4.6.5, XFCE 4., LibreOffice 3.4.2, Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 to name a few major
* New version of Pacman-g2 bringing  some nice features .
*  systemd is now the default init system.
*  Initial ARM port.
* The boot splash is now provided by plymouth.
* i686 and x86_64 kernels can now boot from EFI. (However, the bootloader is not
yet installable from setup.)
* In addition to EFI support, GPT partition tables are now enabled. gptfdisk is
the recommended partitioner for this.
* The setuptools Python package is now replaced by distribute.
Please refer to the Frugalware  Mores ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64, ppc and arm: See our  mirror list . Don't forget to check the  integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click  here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Mores from our previous stable release (Nexon), please
read the  upgrade part of our documentation.
More information about the Frugalware-announce