[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.6pre2 (Fermus) released

Devil505 noreply at frugalware.org
Sun Dec 18 23:09:09 CET 2011

The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to [1] announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.6pre2, the second technical preview
of the upcoming 1.6 stable release.Here are some of the major improvements, fixes and updates since 1.6pre1:

  * Package updates:
	   + Linux kernel 3.1
	   + XOrg server 1.11.2
	   + KDE SC 4.7.4
	   + Firefox 8.0.1
	   + Chromium 16.0.912.63
	   + Blender 2.60
	   + 1.1.0 release of the core EFL component

  * New features:
	   + All services used by the default installation now have native systemd units
	   + Installer images now use isohybrid on x86, separate USB images no longer
	     provided.
	   + Chrony is now the default NTP client.
	   + /boot/grub/menu.lst and /etc/fstab now contains UUID's on new installs

Please refer to the Frugalware [2] Testing ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686: See our [3] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [4] integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click [5] here to read more about what media you need for the installation.

Oh, and by the way, we wish you a Merry Christmas !