[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.4 (Nexon) released
noreply at frugalware.org
Sun Feb 13 00:49:06 CET 2011
The Frugalware Developer Team is pleased to  announce the immediate availability of Frugalware 1.4, our fourteenth stable release.
The only added feature since 1.4rc2 is LibreOffice (replaces OpenOffice.org),
additionally 109 changes have been made to fix minor bugs. If you didn't follow
the changes during the pre/rc releases, here are the most important changes
since 1.3 in no particular order:
* Updated packages: Linux kernel 2.6.37, Xorg server 1.9, GNOME 2.32, KDE SC 4.5,
Drupal 7, Python 2.7 to name a few major components.
* Missing koffice localization packages are back (they were missing since the
integration of KDE4).
* New LCD font rendering available in GNOME. If you use digital video output, this
will improve font appearance.
* OSSv4 has been added. Feel free to try it out if you have issues with ALSA.
* systemd is now available as an alternative of sysvinit (see  its wiki page for more info).
* netconfig now supports mobile 3g connections though wvdial
* Booting from virtio devices is now supported, as long as you use a separate
/boot partition. (see  here for details)
* The GUI installer is now part of the default net/cd/dvd installer images, you
don't have to download a separate image to use it.
Please refer to the Frugalware  Nexon ChangeLog for more information.
Download for i686, x86_64 and ppc: See our  mirror list . Don't forget to check the  integrity of the install images before burning!
NOTE: Click  here to read more about what media you need for the installation.
If you are upgrading to Nexon from our previous stable release (Haven), please
read the  upgrade part of our documentation.
More information about the Frugalware-announce