[Frugalware-announce] Important machine of the Frugalware infrastructure was compromised

Miklos Vajna noreply at frugalware.org
Wed Sep 14 01:04:13 CEST 2011

Dear users,
I'm sorry to report that one of our important machine from the
          Frugalware infrastrucere was compromised on August 25. I took
          a while till we found out the details how that was possible,
          read [1] here if you're interested.
In short: we found that the attacker installed a backdoor
          similar to kernel.org one, and we already reinstalled the
          machine, plus took steps to prevent such a similar attack in
          the future.
On the bright side, we verified that none of the Frugalware
          Git repos nor the binary packages were modified during the
          attack, so you don't have to fear the Pacman-G2 installed any
          problematic update to your machines.
Thanks for your understanding.