[Frugalware-announce] Kernel upgrades and you

James Buren noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Sep 19 01:17:21 CEST 2011

If you are upgrading current or to current any time soon, you
	  will need to take special measures. We have switched our stock
	  kernel to using an initrd by default now, but this only effects
	  i686 and x86_64 for now. All other archs are unchanged. If you
	  are running a fairly simple grub setup, you only need to run
	  grubconfig after the complete upgrade. If not, then you need to
	  add this line to your Frugalware menu entry in menu.lst. Here it
	  is:

	  initrd (frugalware grub partition)/boot/initrd.img.xz

	  If you encounter problems with the new kernel, please file a
	  bug report.