[Frugalware-announce] Frugalware 1.9pre2 (Arcturus) released

ryuo noreply at frugalware.org
Mon Jul 1 10:41:27 CEST 2013

This is the second preview release of Frugalware 1.9.

      Starting with this release, netconfig has been replaced by our new
nmconfig

      tool which uses the NetworkManager framework instead of our original
custom<br>
      network management code. This reduces the amount of custom code we must

      maintain for our distribution.<br>

      Also of note is the fact that the entire collection of tools from
frugalwareutils<br>
      has been replaced by the standalone mode of the new installer. The new
tools are

      provided by the package fvbeutils.<br>

      Some other minor improvements exist, such as the installer's
partitioner<br>
      no longer exposing the boot medium as a partitionable device. This only

      applies if you are booting from USB.<br>

      Now for the installer instructions. You will need to login as root
after<br>
      the ISO boots using the password fvbe. To run the installer, use the

      command fwsetup.<br>

      One final note is that we are looking for someone to design a new 16<br>
      color palette for the new installer. Currently it uses the color

      palette from Mandriva's NEWT patches. If you are interested, then<br>
      contact us on IRC or the forums.

      Download for i686 or x86_64: See our [1] mirror list . Don't forget to check the [2] integrity of the install images before burning!<br/>