[Frugalware-darcs] frugalware-current: lvm2-2.02.25-2-i686

VMiklos vmiklos at frugalware.org
Sun Jun 10 12:55:40 CEST 2007

Darcsweb-Url: http://darcs.frugalware.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=frugalware-current;a=darcs_commitdiff;h=20070610105305-e2957-688cd75c81ab0e25888a17501a42d62197db12b0.gz;

[lvm2-2.02.25-2-i686
VMiklos <vmiklos at frugalware.org>**20070610105305
 added an initial README.Frugalware
 it could be a bit more verbose or resizing volumes
] {
hunk ./source/apps/lvm2/FrugalBuild 6
-pkgrel=1
+pkgrel=2
hunk ./source/apps/lvm2/FrugalBuild 14
-source=(ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/lvm2/LVM2.$pkgver.tgz rc.lvm)
-signatures=($source.asc '')
+source=(ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/lvm2/LVM2.$pkgver.tgz rc.lvm README.Frugalware)
+signatures=($source.asc '' '')
hunk ./source/apps/lvm2/FrugalBuild 24
+	Fdoc README.Frugalware
addfile ./source/apps/lvm2/README.Frugalware
hunk ./source/apps/lvm2/README.Frugalware 1
+Here is a mini-HOWTO, a longer one is available
+link:http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/[here].
+
+First if you are on a setup cd, you need to
+
+----
+modprobe dm-mod
+----
+
+and
+
+----
+vgchange -a y
+----
+
+The first loads the device-mapper support for the kernel, the later enables the
+existing volume groups. This is automatically done for you on an installed
+Frugalware system.
+
+You need to decide what physical partitions to use for LVM. In this howto `/`
+is `/dev/hda1` and we create a big `/home` partition using `/dev/hda2` and
+`/dev/hdc1`.
+
+Let's initialize them for use by LVM:
+
+----
+pvcreate /dev/hda2 /dev/hdc1
+----
+
+Create a volume group titled `vg`:
+
+----
+vgcreate vg /dev/hda2
+----
+
+Extend it with `/dev/hdb1`:
+
+----
+vgextend vg /dev/hdc1
+----
+
+Then we can create a logical volume with a size of 400G titled `home`:
+
+----
+lvcreate -L400G -nhome vg
+----
+
+Later you can easily extend this like:
+
+----
+lvextend -L+100G /dev/vg/home
+----
+
+And now the only task is to create a filesystem on it as usual, ie. for ext3:
+
+----
+mke2fs -j /dev/vg/home
+----